The Robert E. Morris Company – Open House 2019
ABOUT THE EVENT
With over 200 visitors each day, this proved to be a very successful Open House.
Several companies attended with both factory representatives and Robert E. Morris staff operating the machines and meeting with visitors. Fixture and Tooling vendors were also in attendance such as Sandvik, Mastercam, Harding Work Holdings, & Caron Engineering with their products to share.
Chevalier’s SMART-B818III grinding machine was exhibited.
Representing Chevalier were Johnson Lan, vice president and head of grinding systems, and Kanon Shiu, a product and service engineer. Chevalier showcased the SMART-B818III grinder’s several new and improved features, designed to increase operator efficiency, machine productivity and create a cleaner workplace environment.
New Features and Benefits:
- Fully enclosed splashguard
- Floor space has been reduced from 104 inches to 84 inches
- Larger cover that opens from the top making loading and unloading of workpieces easier and faster
- Wider front door and a larger viewing area providing a bigger and better view of the grinding operation
- New splash cover design reducing oil mist leakage from the grinding process
- Wider waterway accelerating the coolant discharge from the machine
- Standard LED working light for better illuminating the interior of the machine