NEW FROM CHEVALIER
FSG-ADIV: Never! Ever! Hand balance again.
SANTA FE SPRINGS, Calif., Aug. 1, 2018 – Chevalier’s FSG-ADIV series surface grinders have several new features designed to improve productivity and ease of operation.
The series now offers in-machine dynamic balancing, constant surface speed in dressing and grinding cycles and loading force detection. The highly advanced series is a result of Chevalier’s extensive research and development program. In addition to improved accuracy, quality and machine life, the overall design of the machines incorporates ergonomics to allow ease of operation, increasing work efficiency.
The FSG-ADIV series includes the FSG-1224ADIV, 1632ADIV and 1640ADIV. The in-machine dynamic balancing system enables the adjustment of the balance weight at the wheel position while limiting wheel vibrations to less than 1 µm.
The machines can enter an automatic dressing cycle during machining. The table will position itself where the diamond is set and dress and compensate according to the operator’s settings.
The load force detection enables the spindle load to measure during the machining cycle. The operator can utilize this information to determine whether a wheel needs to be dressed. If an abnormal load is detected, the spindle will automatically move up to stop the cycle.
The control station for the FSG-ADIV series is a user friendly, NC platform that features a 10.4" TFT high-resolution 65,536 pixel color screen with a touch panel control interface.
iMachine Communications SystemTM is ready for remote data collection and data tracking from a mobile device with additional PC and software.
- Table size: FSG-1227ADIV 11.8” x 23.6”, 1632ADIV 15.7” x 31.5”, 1640ADIV 15.7” x 39.4”
- Max. grinding length (longitudinal) FSG-1224ADIV: 11.8" x 23.6", 1632ADIV 15.7" x 31.5", 1640ADIV 15.7" x 39.4"
- Max. grinding width (crosswise) FSG-1224ADIV: 24" 1632ADIV 32", 1640ADIV 40"
- Max. grinding height for FSG-ADIV series 17"
- Max. distance from table to surface to spindle centerline for the FSG-ADIV series: 24"
- Control system: User friendly, NC control platform with touch screen
- Grinding spindle drive: Speed 0~1,800 rpm, Power rating 5 HP
- Dimensions: FSG-1224ADIV: 116" x 59" x 82.4"; 1632ADIV 139.4" x 68" x 82.4"; 1640ADIV 168.5" x 68" x 82.4"
OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES INCLUDE
- Coolant system with automatic paper feeding device and chiller
- Coolant system with automatic paper feeding device and magnetic separator and chiller
- Centrifuge type (5 µm) with cooling device plus chiller
- Parallel dressing attachment (manual type)
- Table automatic positioning dressing and compensation function (Includes special lubrication oil tank)